CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Washington Trip

I'm going to try to update this as much as possible. At the beginning of September, I got to go to Washington and visit one of my bestest friends, Kim aka Kimmers aka Kimmy. First off, she's so great and FABULOUS and I miss her so much everyday. :D Anyway, here's a little glimpse of my trip:

I got in super duper late into Seattle. I was STARVING because I left straight from work to the San Francisco airport and then into Seattle. So Kim took me to a place that California does not have: Shari's. OMG! So yummy! Started off with potstickers, Imma sucka for potstickas...LOL


Then my entree:

Chicken and Dumplings. Yes, this was a very hearty meal to digest at 1AM but who cares? I was HUNGRY! It was very yummy, I'm surprised I actually was able to take a picture before I dove in. Mmmm...I want some more..

The next day, we hung out at her sister's place and did a couple of errands and watched Twilight in preparation for our trip to Forks (will post soon). In case you did not know, I am a TWI-HARD and I am PROUD to admit. I couldn't go to Washington without taking a trip to Forks!

The day before I left, we set out to explore Seattle. Our first stop was the Space Needle...I was soo excited! Here's our food (yes I know this is mostly food...can't help it):

Bread basket before the courses

Fruit and Granola Yogurt
Belgian Waffle with Chicken Sausage Skewers
And finally, the meal that was sooo good but completely ruined the rest of my trip:
Prime Rib with Herbed Potatoes and Green Beans
This is pretty much where my trip ends....the prime rib was so delicious but unfortunately, it made me sick. Did you all know that when you dine at the restaurant which is up at the very top of the Space Needle, not only are you up super high in the sky but that one of its' feature (as part of your dining experience) is that the floor is rotating? You're literally moving, albeit, not super fast, I think it does a full 360 turn in 45 minutes. Well, if you ever meet my hubby, his first story of me is about how sensitive my motion sickness is that I got sick while boogie boarding, yes I know, it's just a boogie board, BUT SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST SENSITVE! LOL. Anyway, add together a spinning restaurant, sensitive to motion sickness, and an almost rare steak. I felt so bad because we were supposed to go to Pike Place and so many other places but because I could barely lift my head high enough to puke into Kim's friends toilet, we had to cancel. So embarrassing, I just met this guy and I'm already puking into his toilet and lying down on his bathroom floor. Thank goodness he's super nice. Anyway, that was the end of my time in Washington. I will be back in Seattle and next time, no more rare steak and since I've been to the Space Needle already, I'm skipping that place. :) Until next time, enjoy the pictures!
View from Kim's Friend's Apartment. So gorgeous!

0 comments:

Post a Comment